Sunday 13 March 2011

Westminster Show 2010


One of the main things that impressed me about the students of Westminster was their interesting fabric manipulation, especially in Rachel King and Jessica Madden’s collections. I was very impressed with Madden’s collection, the intricate fabric detailing (plastic coated lace) and the dramatic Elizabethan ruffles was very regal whilst the styling and single colour gave it a chic modern edge. I also loved Tamsin Lilywhite’s collection, best described as equestrian gone wrong, but it was so right. Her floor length spray painted trench coats are on now on my wish list, as well as the ice skates in Hannah Menzie’s collection.

Over all the professionalism of the entire show, from the portfolios to the show setup and not forgetting the clothes themselves did not fail to disappoint. I also think that it was brave of them to not show at Graduate Fashion Week; however I think that the decision has paid off.






No comments:

Post a Comment